For your consideration is this 48 pc Copeland Spode Rose Briar China Set. The set was made approximately during the 1930s or 1940s. It has the Chelsea Wicker Shape around the edge. There are pink, red, purple, and yellow roses in the design. The following is list of the pieces that are included with this set along with the quantity of each piece, the measurements, and the condition:
- 12 Dinner Plates- 10 1/2″ diameter. There are no chips or cracks on these plates. There is some discoloration on the back of one of the plates. Some have only a few light utensil marks and others show more use.
- 10 Square Luncheon Plates- 8 3/4″ diameter. There are no cracks on these plates. There is a minor chip on the edge of one of the plates. They have utensil marks.
- 8 Rimmed Soup Bowls- 7 3/4″ in diameter and 1 3/8″ tall. These bowls have no chips or cracks. A few of them have some crazing. There are only a few light utensil marks on some of the bowls but they look rarely used.
- 4 Flat Cream Soup Bowl- 4 3/4″ in diameter, 1 3/4″ tall, and 6 3/8″ long with both of the handles. They don’t have any cracks or chips. There are a very few light utensil marks.
- 4 Cream Soup Saucers- 7 1/4″ in diameter. There is one saucer with no chips or cracks. The other three have some hairlines and chips that will be shown in the pictures.
- 2 Fruit/Dessert (Sauce) Bowls- 5 3/8″ diameter and 1 1/4″ tall. These don’t have any cracks. One has a small chip on the outside of the edge. There are some utensil marks and some discoloration.
- 8 Tea Cups- 2 1/8″ tall, 3 3/4″ in diameter, and 4 5/8″ long with the handle. There are five cups that have no chips or cracks. Two of the other cups each have a discolored chip on the edge. The last one has a chip on the base.
Please see the pictures for more detail. There are 48 pieces total. All of the pieces have a red mark on the base that reads Copeland Spode England “Rose Briar”. This set would be great for your next dinner party!