7153392556 SKU: 5734
ITEM TITLE VTG Lot 10 Art Picture Studies Owen Corot Homer Watts Raphael Prints Miniatures
- Brand: F.A. Owen Publishing
- Size: Folders: 10" x 13"
- Color: various
- Style: Vintage Educational
- Condition: Pre-owned
- Notes: In nice gently used condition. See individual notes for each study.
- Original/Reproduction: Artwork Reproduction
- Listed By: Dealer or Reseller
- Subject: Famous Paintings
- Size Type/Largest Dimension: Small (Up to 14'')
- Date of Creation: 1900-1949
- Print Type: Lithograph
- Edition Size: Folders: 10" x 13"
For your consideration is this vintage Lot of 10 Art Instructor Picture Study Series, selected and arranged by Mary E. Owen for the elementary middle school art classroom. The lessons/studies are written by various educators and (most) include large full-color pictures and many include full-color miniatures for the student. The copyright dates on the folders range from 1925-1928 and 1936. They are published by the F.A. Owen Publishing Company of Dansville, NY. The following is a list of what each folder entails by subject number:
- #11- “The Windmill” by Jacob van Ruysdael, Study by Miriam LeMay Lemos. Folder includes print which has tape marks. Handwriting on front of folder.
- #13- “Sir Galahad” by George Frederick Watts, Study by John T. Lemos. Folder includes print and miniature. The folder has a small rip at the bottom in the crease. Folder has handwriting on the front.
- #25- Detail of “Sistine Madonna” by Raphael, Study by Miriam LeMay Lemos. Folder includes 9 miniatures but no print.
- #41- “Fog Warning” by Winslow Homer, Study by Gertrude Herdle. Folder includes print which has a blue spot in the middle, and 13 miniatures. There is a small rip on the bottom and top of the folder in the seam. Folder has 3 small pen marks on the back.
- #43- “Oxen Plowing” by Rosa Bonheur,Study by Isabel G. Herdle. Folder includes print and 8 miniatures. Folder is slightly bent at bottom and has pencil marking on the back.
- #52- “The Angelus” by Jean Francois Millet, Study by Isabel G. Herdle. Folder includes print and 6 miniatures. Folder has small tear on bottom and is slightly bent.
- #54- “Dance of the Nymphs” by Jean Baptiste Camille Corot, Study by Isabel G. Herdle. Folder includes print. Print has rip on the bottom.
- #63- “Solemn Pledge, Taos Indians” by Walter Ufer,Study by Gertrude Herdle. Folder includes print and 14 miniatures. Folder is bent in top outside corners.
- #64- “Spring” by Jean Baptiste Camille Corot, Study by Gertrude Herdle. Folder includes two prints. One of the prints has a few small blue spots and is no longer connected to the backing. Both have tape marks. Handwriting on the front of the folder.
- #99- “The Fighting “Temeraire”” by M. W. Turner, Lesson by Eugenia Eckford. Folder includes two prints, one of which has no backing, and 17 miniatures. There is a spot on the back of the folder and handwriting on the front.
Please see photos for more details.
Like us on Facebook! Tamarack Shack Antiques.
Follow us on Twitter @Tamarackshack
Website tamarackshackantiques.comOn Jul-21-16 at 12:35:35 PDT, seller added the following information: Every buyer gets a MyStoreRewards invitation for cash back On Jul-21-16 at 12:35:49 PDT, seller added the following information: