- Condition: Used
- Notes: This pillowcase is in good condition and looks like it was never used. There is one place at the very top of the pillowcase a little right of center where you can see there used to be a price tag sticker.
- Type: Sweetheart Pillowcase
- Age: WWII Era
- Country of Manufacture: United States
- Composition: Silk
- Motto: Our Navy America's Guardian
- Branch: U.S. Navy
- Tassel Color: Yellow & Blue
For your consideration is this WWII era sweetheart pillowcase. The silk pillow case shows off some of the builings and memorable spots in Duluth Minnesota. The places that it shows are the Lift Bridge & Ship Canal, Northland Country Club, Lighthouse Duluth-Superior, Swinging Bridge Jay Cooke State Park, Municipal Zoo Fairmount Park, Skyline Drive, Tallest Buildings Medical Arts & Alworth, Loading Iron Ore into Giant Freighters Lake Superior. The poem reads “To My Wife Wife of my heart, it is you- You make my life so complete. You make my dreams all come true, so loving, so loyal, so sweet. Sharing each laugh and each tear, Faithful and true to the end, To me you will always be dear, My sweetheart, my partner, my friend.” The pillowcase has yellow fringe all the way around, and it measures about 16″ x 16″. The case is in good condition and has no tears or stains. It looks as though it wasn’t used before. The back of the case is not made of silk but probably cotton. There are a few creases, but there are no tears in the silk. Please view pictures for more details. Thank you!