- Condition: Used
- Notes: This pillowcase is in good condition and from the front looks like it was hardly ever used. On the back of the case there are many brown and yellow age spots.
- Type: Sweetheart Pillowcase
- Age: WWII Era
- Country of Manufacture: United States
- Composition: Silk
- Motto: Our Navy America's Guardian
- Branch: U.S. Navy
- Tassel Color: Yellow & Blue
For your consideration is this Vintage WWII U.S. Army Silk Pillowcase To My Wife Poem Fort Snelling Minn. These pillowcase were given the wives of the soldiers to help support the war effort. The poem reads “To My Wife A darling little wife Has made my dreams come true She blesses all my life Her name is only you. You are my partner sweet, You share in all I do, And make my joy complete By simply being You!”. At the bottom it also says Fort Snelling, Minn. at the bottom. The pillowcase has pink fringe all the way around, and it measures about 16″ x 16″. The case is in good condition and has no tears. There is a little bit of discoloration in the top right corner. It looks as though it wasn’t used before. The back of the case is not made of silk but probably felt or cotton. On the back of the case there are many brown and yellow age spots. There are a few creases, but there are no tears in the silk. Please view pictures for more details. Thank you!